Tuesday, July 7, 2015

June Favorites2015!

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

Today's post is going to be on my June Favorites. I have been liking enough new products this past month that I felt the need to show my favorites.

1) Cover Girl Ready, Set, Gorgeous and L'oreal Infallible foundation mix



 I began mixing these two foundations because I was between the two shades. But, I really came to like the finish that they gave me when they were combined. The L'oreal foundation is matte and the Cover Girl foundation is more on the luminous side. So, when I combine them I get a satin finish. I used this combo in my Summer Foundation Routine video.

2) Makeup Forever Pro Sculpt Duo #2


I was suckered in by the hype that was surrounding this highlighter! It's such a pretty gold color but it isn't too intense. Many people say that it is a dupe for MAC's whisper of gilt and Estee Lauder's Heat wave. While I don't have either of those highlighter, I've seen comparison pictures and they look different swatched next to each other.

In the picture above, I've swatched the two colors in the duo next to each other. The highlight is on the left and the contour is on the right. 

3) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light


I've been eyeing the Ambient Lighting powders since they came out.  I finally bit the bullet and bought one during the Sephora VIB sale. I didn't know which one to buy even though I always swatch them in store. I did some research and this one was raved about the most.  A lot of people say that they use it for all over their face but I'm a little too hesitant for that. I use it to highlight the highest points on my face and I love the natural glow it gives.


4) Urban Decay Afterglow 8- Hour blush in Bang


I apologize about the flash on this one. The top of the compact has the logo on it and it's clear so you can see the blush through it. This is good if you plan on storing it laying down. However, that also means that it doesn't have a mirror.


This shade is a vivid orange. To some people, like my sister, it can be startling. But, the powder is creamy and blends out wonderfully and looks like a natural flush on the skin.


This the blush blended out on the back of my hand.

5) Makeup For Ever Artist Plexigloss in 404


This shade looks more pink than it actually is. It has a lot more red in it in person.

I have noticed that these lip glosses are more pigmented on my hand than they are on my lips. The darker shades are more pigmented out of the entire range. This lip gloss isn't exactly sticky but it does stick to your lips. It has more of a tacky feel to it.

So, That's it.
What have you been loving lately?

Until Next Time,

Aleema

No comments:

Post a Comment