Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Assalamu wa Alaykum/ Hi,

I haven't bought a new foundation in a while. Since my Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation broke, I've been looking to buy another one. Instead of buying that one back I wanted try something different. So, I bought the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.
Also, the Naked Skin foundation is $39 while the Double Wear foundation is $37. They're both a little pricey but aren't up there with likes of YSL and Chanel. Urban Decay has been raising the prices on a lot of their products lately. Which is an issue for another blog post.


This product comes with 1fluid ounce which is standard for most foundations. It comes in a glass bottle with a gold top. I don't think it would be the best idea to travel with this foundation. It does have some weight to it. One con I have with the packaging is that there is no pump. I've seen some people replace the gold cap with a pump from other brands like NARS and MAC. I think I may have to sacrifice the luxe look that the gold top provides for the practicality of a pump. I have the shade 6W1 Sandalwood. It matches me perfectly. I matched myself so I'm pretty proud.




The consistency of this foundation is thicker than the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation which is very light. It's also definitely thicker than the L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation which is really watery. However, the Double Wear foundation will still run down the back if your hand.


The claims on the box are:

For all skintypes. 15 hour staying power. Looks fresh and flawless through heat, humidity, nonstop activity. Won't change color, smudge, or come off on clothes. Lightweight and so comfortable, you believe it's long wear. Medium buildable coverage. Won't clog pores. Oil-controlling. Oil-free. Fragrance-free. Dermatologist- and  Ophthalmologist-tested.

I'm not in the practice of keeping my makeup on for 15 hours. So, I cannot attest to that. However, I can say that this foundation lasted 6 to 7 hours. I've never worn it longer than that. Especially since it's summer and I'm not as busy as I usually am during the semester. The coverage on this foundation is medium and it can be built up to full. I have applied with both a beauty blender and a brush. They both blend it out nicely. This foundation does set fast so I don't recommend placing all over your face before blending it out. It would be best to do one half of your fast at a time.

I've never applied more than one layer. I have added more foundation to cover blemishes in certain areas. I did have a few breakouts when I was trying out this foundation. It covered them nicely but you could still see the raised bumps. I don't think anything can cover that. I did notice that it transferred a little when I wiped the side of my mouth with a napkin while I was eating.Someone on YouTube said that happens only if you apply any type of powder or other makeup over it. I don't know how true that is. I didn't notice any transfer onto my hijab. I do wear a translucent powder over this because my skin is very oily. I did notice that this foundation kept me matte for 10-20 minutes. Which is longer than any other foundation. My oiliness is a problem. I'm not as oily when I don't wear makeup. Also, I got less oily throughout the day with this foundation on.

Bottom Line: This foundation gets my stamp of approval. It's good for my oiliness during the summer. However, I wouldn't wear it every day.

So, That's it.
Have you tried this foundation? Will you?
Until Next Time,

Aleema :)

No comments:

Post a Comment